Re: TTL as a factor in route flaps

> I noticed that aroot.psg.com has a 4 hour TTL. This is about how long I
> recorded continuous failures while the net switched from the server in
> Brazil to the one in Switzerland. Any thoughts on this?

The TTL shouldn't have any influence on the routes you see from
traceroute, because the A record for aroot.psg.com always points to
the same address (192.83.230.1).

Why rerouting should take four hours strikes me as mysterious.  Maybe
the server in Brazil was down for some reason, but the route was still
being advertized from there?
--
Simon Leinen				       simon@babar.switch.ch
SWITCH				   http://www.switch.ch/misc/leinen/

	    Who is General Failure & why's he reading my disk?