From: Sambasiva R. Mantha [mailto:sambu.mantha@usa.alcatel.com]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 2:50 PM
To: terry martin
Cc: ellanti@home.com; Bora Akyol; Vishal Sharma; 'te-wg@uu.net';
'mpls@uu.net'; ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Standards for IP stats collection? (corrected)

I would like to correct a little bit regarding GR-253. The GR-253 requires 8
hours of 15-minute registers and 7 one-day registers and not 3-5 days. This
means that a SONET must have 33 15-minute registers (32 registers for
previous 8
hours and 1 for current 15 minutes) and 7 1-day (previous day) registers.
I would agree with Manohar that these PM registers are an over-kill for LSPs
as
they really donot contribute anything to the traffic flowing through the NE.

Sambu

terry martin wrote:

> RMON is the only protocol standard that dictates information collection
> requirements.  That is the only IP service that is structured to collect
> trend stats.  I think it is also 15 minute intervals for 3-5 days
depending
> on how much memory you get in the unit.
>
> There are structure requirements for collection, type of traffic collected
> and how it is presented.
>
> Need sources- let me know
>
> Terry Martin MS Telecommunication Engineering
> Senior Consultant
> tmartin@gvnw.com
> 503-612-4422

Severely