Re: Question regarding bi-directional connection set up - And Port-ID in Label object

Fong,

> Regarding how to encode the bi-directionality request,
> Removal of upstream label prevents pre-program the
> cross-connect, not desirable in some situation. So I would
> be in favor of keeping the upstream label object.

I wasn't suggesting to get rid of upstream label (the concept). I proposed to
merge it with suggested label, label set into a single suggested label set
object. I gave reasons in my ID (draft-xu-ccamp-gmpls-sig-reorg-00.txt). A NE
should be able to specify labels of both directions for bi-directional LSP in
optical network.

Thanks,

Yangguang