Clarification Required regarding LSP Encoding Type

Hi All,
        The draft "draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signalling-02.txt"
defines different values for LSP encoding type. How does the
implementation of a control plane differ if it receives the LSP encoding
type packet/SDH/Digital Wrapper/Lamda/Fiber etc.

My understanding is that if the LSP encoding type is either packet/ethernet,
then label is just a 32 bit integer (as we already have in traditional
MPLS). But if LSP encoding type is SDH, SONET then the label has to be in
the form of {S, U, K, L, M} format. If the LSP encoding type is Lamda then
the label represents the lamda (specific frequency). If LSP encoding type is
fiber, then label is the fiberId itself.  Please comment on whether my
understanding is correct or I am overlooking something.
Can u please describe a scenario in which the LSP encoding type
will be used as a "digital wrapper" ?

Please clarify.

Regards,
manoj.