RE: Please Clarify Doubts regarding RGT & RNC

Zhi,

If you were merely extending my example, then the problem will be solved
by adding a new signal type for STS-3 (if, as you say below, T1.105 defines
an STS-3 as an entire signal).

By looking at your questions, I got the impression that you knew that
the functionality required by your examples was needed, and further
that you meant that your current proposal covers it.
Since neither draft currently covers it, if we determine that multiple
bundles can be setup as a "batch" process at the application level, but
will be handled via separate signaling requests at the protocol level
then we are in agreement.

For some other comments, pl. see below.

-Vishal

I would assume that an assumption in either virtually concatenated or
bundled connections clearly is that the start and terminate at the
same end nodes!
Whether they are all co-routed or separately routed
may be determined by end node that requests their setup.

If you
use virtual concatenation you could presumably return multiple
labels, one each of each of the channels comprising the virtually
concatenated signal.

I am not sure that in the bundle case or the virtually concatenated case
one would return only one label. Maybe one may get by with returning
just one, if by some chance the concatenated or bundled channels just
happen to be contiguous.

Not sure by what you mean by "what happens when one connection fails"? What
happens to what? and with respect to what?
Even if a connection fails, the head end will still know which slot numbers
contain healthy channels that are components of a virtually concatenated
channel or bundled channels.