RE: Please Clarify Doubts regarding RGT & RNC

Hai Vodinh [mailto:HVoDinh@turinnetworks.com] wrote Sent: 23 March 2001
23:13
> Maarten,
>
> Thanks for the clear and concise explanation of how LCAS work.
> The 'create_new->switch_to_new->delete_old' scheme definitely
> won't work for LCAS then.
>
> Hai
>From the trail defined by the *LCAS framing perspective* this is
correct....with the additional (minor, but subtley important) observation
that these new (LCAS) layers are not networked themselves.  But you are
still creating (and deleting, potentially at least) new (old) pt-pt trails
in the SDH fabric. However, for the general pt-pt L1 trail case then what
I/Juegen said is perfectly correct.....LCAS is an exception not the rule
*and* it is because there is a new trail entity ('the LCAS group') being
created above the basic L1 server fabric.  Further, although I am not
familar with the actual LCAS framing algorithm I am sure it will impose
constraints on the nature/type of add/remove L1 trails that can be used, ie
I am sure you cannot mix arbitrary L1 server trails.....so this will impose
BW granularity/route-availability constraints on the server SDH layer
networks, as defined by the LCAS algorithm.
neil