RE: trail trace (was: Please Clarify Doubts regarding RGT & RNC)

Ben,

I have split my response into e-mails with different subjects.
This one is on trail trace.

Regards

Juergen

	<snip>>

> > > Some trail termination information is not currently included in the signaling,
> > > and probably should
> > > be.  For example, the Trail Trace Identifier should be configured the same way
> > > at source and sink,
> > > but is not currently in the signaling spec (but certainly not as part of Signal
> > > Type).
> >         [Juergen Heiles]  Configuration of the trail trace is an open issue I agree.
> > Draft-harrison-mpls-oam-00.txt proposes a trail trace (Connectivity verification CV OAM packets)
> > for MPLS and suggest that the configuration of the trace is done via LSP signaling at LSP set-up.
>
> In the MPLS (packet) case we have proposed that a standard convention be used to
> create the TTSI (trail trace ID) from the Router ID of the ingress LSR and the local
> ID for the LSP on that LSR.  We think this information is already in the signaling
> messages (although the local ID should be 4 octets and only 2 are allocated in the
> current signaling drafts).  If this is also acceptable for SONET/SDH trails, that
> would solve the problem, but I don't know if that is true.  Carriers may have other
> conventions already in use for assigning trail trace IDs and may not want to change.
>
> Do you have any insight into this?
	[Juergen Heiles]  In SDH we have a 16 or optinal 64 byte trace. The 16 byte trace is the soruce address which normally cnsits of country code, operator code and a unique number within the operator domain. For the OTN we use a 64 byte trace.  It consist of a 16 byte source and 16 byte destination address (country code + operator code + unique number). The remianing 32 bytes are availablefor operator specific purposes.

> Would any carriers like to comment?

	<snip>