Re: draft-gan-fast-reroute-00.txt

"Metz, Eduard" wrote:

> The FAST-REROUTE object includes several parameters for the detour LSP, such
> as bandwidth, and include/exclude colors. Are these completely independent
> of those for the primary LSP? Or are these supposed to have a relation?

They could be independent. For example, the operators may decide to
allocate less bandwidth to the backup LSP's. On the other hand, the
FAST-REROUTE parameters could be the same the one used in the primary
LSP's. We want to provide alternative options here.

> The DETOUR object includes Downstream Node ID, identifying the neighboring
> node to route around. This seems to work for all hops, except the
> penultimate. Here the detour only can protect the link, also shown in the
> picture in section 2. Should there be an exception for this case, or does
> the penultimate hop apply different logic when setting up the detour?

The downstream ID is one of the nodes at downstream from the router,
which could be multiple hops and links away. Of course you can also use
it to protect one link. The logic used at a penultimate hop is the same
as all others.

Thanks!

- Ping