RE: Question about logical link in Link bundling

Bala,

Correct me if I am wrong. For my understanding, a channelized OC-12
interface can support 12 channels (12 logical DS3 interfaces). Some even
capable of defining logical interface within those DS3 channel to support
T1. Then, each logical DS3 interfaces can create a (logical) link to the
remote routers' DS3 interfaces. The original used of the channelized OC-12
interface is to reduce the cabling and additional equipment cost and labor
cost at the central location. Since it is a channelized interface, I
believe, it would not allow the user to use it as an OC-12c interface. By
applying link bundling on that, now you can size your pipe whatever you want
upto the maximum BW (in this case, it will be STS-12c). In addition, using
O-UNI, you will get a true bandwidth on demand.

Just a thought.

Man Wing