Call for volunteers for Requirements Design Team

Call for volunteers for Requirements Design Team

We have had various discussion about one or more design teams.
And we have had verbal calls for volunteers, however, it seems
we have not yet done a call for volunteers on any mailing list.

So lets re-start.

We have decided that we want one "Design Team" in the TEWG.
The team will collect and publish an initial set of requirements
as Internet Draft(s). These requirements will feed into TEWG,
CCAMP and IPO, possibly other working groups.

This is the mission we want to give the team (Thanks Rob) is to
collect requirements for:

 Network Hierarchy:
   Network hierarchy in this context refers to abstraction of
   part of a network's topology and the routing and signaling
   mechanism needed to support the topological abstraction.
   Abstraction may be used as a mechanism to build large
   networks or as a technique for enforcing administrative,
   topological or geographic boundaries. For example, network
   hierarchy might be used to separate the metropolitan and
   long-haul regions of a network or to separate the regional
   and backbone sections of a network.

 Survivability Techniques
   Survivability techniques refers to the numerous methods to
   restore service when a network failure occurs. A specific
   method may be used throughout an entire network or a per-LSP
   basis; some of the techniques may be implemented in hardware.
   Survivability techniques may be on a per-link basis or on a
   per-path basis.

We are looking for volunteers who are OPERATORS. It is not that
we do not like vendors but we feel that it is important to have
people who will be useing the technology say what they think
are the requirements.  Everyone will get a chance to comment
on the drafts in the normal WG way.
The volunteers should be willing to commit to all of this:

   - evaluate requirements that people put forward to the DT,
   - contribute their own requirments to the team
   - write/contribute text to the internet draft to serve as
     the output of th2 DT. This I-D will then go to the TE-WG
     for WG evaluation.

The time frame is as follows:

- Volunteers need to respond to Scott (sob@harvard.edu) and
  Bert (bwijnen@lucent.com) by next Friday (May 18th).
  Pls send an email with

     subjectline: Volunteer for TEWG DT
     In body of email:
        explain why you qualify and how much time you can make
        available between now and July 1st.

  It would be good if those who think they volunteered before will
  also send such an email, so as to make sure you are still
  on the list of volunteers.

- Design team selected and announced by ADs and WG chairs
  before May 23rd.

- Mailing list to collect input will be establised b May 23rd,
  Anyone can send in requirements up till June 1st. You can
  start to prepare your sugegstion now and make sure that you
  document the requirement and the motivation/justification
  for the requirement.

- Design team will evaluate requirements and documents and will
  prioritize them in a Internet Draft.

- Design team will publishe I-D by June 21st as input to TE-WG

- TEWG will discuss this I-D on mailing lists and try to get
  consensus on the final requirements before London IETF.

The Design Team will do a lot of discussions/evalueations via email.
We leave it up to the DT to decide if they need conference calls
and/or a face-to-face meeting.

Bert and Scott