RE: : ASTN Layer Network Architecture- Co-ordiantion between Control & Mgt Planes

Akan,

I don't see your scenario that the management plane sets up explicitly a connection (configuration of each cross-connect) and the control plane does the restoration. As the control plane has to know about the apth in any case i norder to do restoration it should also setup the original apth as SPC. Your approach introduces unnecessary complexity.

Juergen