RE: [IP-Optical] concatenation extensions in sonet/sdh

Folks,

Without getting into the merits of arbit concat,
the suggestion that the GMPLS document be explicit about
the "standard" (ITU) versus "pre" or "non-standard"
features controlled seems reasonable. Afterall,
when you name the doc "GMPLS for SONET/SDH", the
natural expectation is that you refer to what people
commonly understand as "SONET/SDH". In any case,
a precise description of the new features
and a notation that these are not
currently "standard"  isn't a big deal to do.
On the other hand, not doing so just breeds confusion.

Regards,

Bala Rajagopalan
Tellium, Inc.
2 Crescent Place