RE: [T1X1.5] RE: [IP-Optical] Re: Proposed text for the concatenation

Eve,

Okay, for the sake of discussion, we'll assume that the last two thirds of
the e-mail
don't exist and focus on the first third:

"As for how many vendor is needed for a standard. Again this question
doesn't really apply. We as engineers and the development community has
to study a problem to make sure that it will not unduly impact existing
networks, that what we are looking at should be sound and technically
superior and that it will help provide added value to networks. As these
transport capabilities will likely require people of transport expertise
to study first, that's what we should do. Let's not get too "trigger
happy" and include something "just because it's there", and then decide
to remove when "standards say no". That like "putting the cart in front
of the horse".

The way I read this, it says to me that the people involved in working on
the
draft are unqualifed to be working on it and that none of the work that they
have
done over the past year is of any value, so my earlier comments still
obtain.

Furthermore, your comments about slippery slope disturb me because they
follow
a pattern of filibustering and dissemination of FUD which seems to be aimed
at
preventing forward progress.

Thanks,

John