RE: Last call - RSVP problems

Suresh/Vishal/Jen

"Infinite timer" is actually very problematice with RSVP.
We have specifically recommend NOT to use this, after attempting
to do it.

>  (3) is achieved when Refresh Timers are set to Infinite. By default,
>  circuit is kept irrespective of failures.

Same as (2), any proposals that remove the refresh mechanism
is going to be difficult to prove that all cases are covered.

Instead, we (will) recommend the following in OIF UNI document:

   Use RSVP Hello to detect control channel failure.
   If a control channel failure is detected, LSPs states
   are maintained as if a node continues to receive
   RSVP refresh message from the failed control channel.
   The recommended Hello timer will be in second range,
   instead of ms range specified in RSVP-TE draft.

   If a control channel failed permanently, manual intervention
   may be required. This is to be studied.

p.s The text is currently being drafted as we type.

Regards,
-Fong