RE: [T1X1.5] RE: [IP-Optical] Re: Proposed text for LSP encoding type

Thanks Dimitri for your response (and draft-gmpls-g709). In the draft,
though, it refers to 3 code points for DW (1 for g709, 2 for prop.) and 2
code points for Lambda (1 for g709, 1 for non-OTN). Whereas in the current
mpls-generalized only 1 for DW and 1 for Lambda is provided. Is the
intention to assign additional codes later to support these variations?

Separate from the assignment of code points, the use of the term digital
wrapper (as you note in your draft on gmpls-g709)can have several
interpretations. The term was used in the introduction of the concept in the
standards bodies but it was never used in any of the standards (drafts or
approved). The preference would be to have a separate code point for G709;
and not confuse it with non-standard "wrappers" or lambdas. The G709 layers
include the lambda layer (OMS). To align with the other code points (e.g.
SDH/SONET) which include all the layers, it would be simpler to include all
the layers for G709 with one code point.

Proposal:
code point for G.709
code point for digital wrapper (non-standard)
code point for lambda (non-standard)

OK?

Regards,
Deborah