RE: [IP-Optical] Re: Proposed text for the concatenation

Hello Juergen,

Briefly,

> ...if we introduce flexible arbitrary contiguous concatenation

As you said flexible arbitrary contiguous concatenation is NOT part of the
current draft in WG last call. This feature is only being debated on the
mailing list as it was proposed to add it to the draft.

>We also have to state, that the combination of these proprietary features
with other reasonable proprietary or standard features is not always checked
and cannot be guaranteed.

Note that every toolbox has combination of features that doesn't make sense.
Sometimes it belongs to  the manufacturer itself (creativity) to find the
right combinations that could make sense to his customers and that will
differentiate his product from the others.

> It seems a common understanding now that we have at least to identify the
proprietary features

That's agreed but with the right terminology (e.g. not specified by
ITU-T/T1X1 etc).

> (either move them in an informative annex or a separate document). It
seems we don't have consensus to remove them at all.

Correct.

Kind regards,

Eric