Bi-directional LSPs

Hi All,

        In case of bi-directional LSPs, it is mentioned that an
intermediate node must allocate a label on the outgoing interface and
establish internal data paths before filling in an outgoing upstream
label and propagating the path message.  Furthermore, the terminator
node process the path message as usual, with the exception that the
upstream label can immediately be used to transport data towards the
initiator.
What is the benefit of doing this ? We are also mentioning that if
there is an error in processing of the path message, both the labels
will be invalid. I think there may be some billing issues if the
receiver node start transmitting the data packets, but the path message
received from the prior node is in error.

I think, the downstream label will be valid only after receipt of RESV
message at the source and the upstream label will be valid after the
receipt of RESVCONF at the destination.

Regards,
manoj.