Doubt in draft-kompella-ospf-gmpls-extensions-01.txt

Hi All,
        I have a doubt regarding draft-kompella-ospf-gmpls-extensions
-01.txt. Section 4.1 of this document states that "control channels
are advertised into OSPF as normal IS links as mentioned in the
previous section".
First, What is the need for advertising control channel information in
OSPF ? I can very well find the control channel once I get the
information about the data channel/interface. There may be one-to-one
mapping of control channel and data channel/interface or multiple data
interfaces share the same control channel.

Second, in the above quoted sentence, I could not find the previous
section (prior to section 4.1) in the draft where the information
regarding control channels is described.

Is this the latest draft ?

Regards,
manoj.