Doubt in draft draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signalling-05.txt

Hi All,
         I have following doubt in
"draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signalling-05.txt" draft.
This draft has introduced new field switching type in Generalized
Label Request Object. After looking at the structure of switching type
field in latest OSPF document (GMPLS extensions to OSPF, Field Name :
Interface switching capability descriptor), I could not make out why
this is present in per LSP establishment request ? This field
advertises the bandwidth (both min. and max.) for various priority
levels (p = 0 -> 7). Furthermore, this field also contain Encoding
(I assume LSP encoding type) field which is already there in
Generalized Label Reqest object.
I am not able to understand why this type of information is required
in Per Connection Establishment Request ? Is the "switching type" field only
applicable when FA (forwarding adjacency) need to be established ?

Regards,
manoj.