From: Guangzhi Li [mailto:gli@research.att.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 9:52 AM
To: John Drake
Cc: Fong Liaw; ccamp@ops.ietf.org; mpls@UU.NET
Subject: Re: Question on GMPLS contentions resolution

John:

No. Node 1 may send out the PATH message to node 2 as the same time as node
2
sends out the RESV message to node 1. If the contention resolution is a
local
decision or policy implementation, node 1 may decide to fail LSP A since
node 1
has the higher node ID. Then both LSP A and LSP B are failed. This is not
what
we want. So, a consistent decision is required between these two nodes.

Thanks,

-- Guangzhi