From: Guangzhi Li [mailto:gli@research.att.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 7:45 PM
To: Karthik Subramanian
Cc: 'Hang Liu'; John Drake; Fong Liaw; ccamp@ops.ietf.org; mpls@UU.NET
Subject: Re: Question on GMPLS contentions resolution

Karthik:

I understand your argument. But
(1) It it legal not to suggest a label in PATH for a uni-directional LSP but
suggest a label for a bi-directional LSP especially I/O ports are paired.
(2) If this is too weak, then assume another scenario: the PATH message of
LSP A
suggested a label but was rejected by N2 due to race condition of other
LSPs,
(such as a bi-directional LSP C from N2 to N1), then it is up to the RESV
message of LSP A to assign the label. At this time, the condition happens
between LSP A and LSP B.

You may say why LSP A is so unlucky and it may not happen two race
conditions in
a short time. But it may although the probability is very small :=)

If you draw pictures, you may find other scenarios.

-- Guangzhi