RE: SDH hierarchy

Soumen,

a standard STM-256 doesn't support a STM-64, it supports the VC-3/4 that are transported within the STM-64. This means that the STM-64 section overhead is terminated and only the VC-3/4 are passed to the STM-256. The STM-256 adds its own section overhead.
I know of proprietary solutions that also allow to transport some of the STM-64 section overhead over the STM-256.

Juergen