LMP Addressing

I have a couple of questions regarding the Addressing section (section 9) in
the latest LMP draft (draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-01.txt).

1. The draft states that:

     "The destination address of the IP packet MUST be the
   address learned in the Configuration procedure (i.e., the Source IP
   address found in the IP header of the received Config message)"

I think that LOCAL_NODE_ID field in the Config message should be used for
this purpose instead of the IP header information.

2. Why is RAW IP used for LMP and not UDP for example ?

Thanks,

Sameh M. Elsharkawy
Senior Member of Technical Staff
FirstWave Intelligent Optical Networks
6301 Ivy Lane, Suite 700, Greenbelt, MD 20770
(301) 345-2137 x1034