RE: LMP Question: TE link FSM

Hello Jonathan,

The new Init state seems useful and I have no difficulties with it.
However, I still have a couple of problems with the TE FSM:

1) It appears that the DOWN state has a functioning CC but no links.
Transition #9 moves from DEGRADED, where there are links but no CC, to
DOWN, where there is a CC but no links. This looks like 2 transitions to
me, because 2 independent things happened. At least it's different from
transition #9 from UP, which has CC and links, to DOWN, which has CC and
no links.

2) It seems to me that if there is an INIT state, the CC could go down
there too.

My goal here is to have a state machine which is useful (i.e.
explanatory and representative) and has feasible transitions between
states. I don't care about the labels of the states.

So here's another proposal which I believe keeps everything in your Oct
15th version and addresses the two points above:

--------------------
Off:	    No control channel, no data links
Down:	    There are no data links allocated to the TE link.
Init:	    Data links have been allocated to the TE link, but the

	    configuration has not yet been synchronized with the LMP
neighbor.
Up:	    This is the normal operational state of the TE link.  At
least
	    one primary CC is required to be operational between the
nodes
	    sharing the TE link.
Degraded: In this state, all primary CCs are down, but the TE link still
	    includes some allocated data links.
Inactive: No control channel, some data links locally allocated to TE.

1 : evDCUp:    One or more data channels have been added to the TE Link
2 : evSumAck:  LinkSummary message received and positively acknowledged.
3 : evSumNack: LinkSummary message received and negatively acknowledged.
4 : evRcvAck:  LinkSummaryAck message received acknowledging the TE Link
	       Configuration.
5 : evRcvNack: LinkSummaryNack message received.
6 : evSumRet:  Retransmission timer has expired and LinkSummary message
is
	       resent.
7 : evCCUp:    First active control channel goes up.
8 : evCCDown:  Last active control channel goes down.
9 : evDCDown:  Last data channel of TE Link has been removed.

                               +--------+
                               |        |
                 +------------>|  Off   |
                 |             |        |
                 |             +--------+
                 |                |  ^
                 |               7|  |8
                 |                v  |
                 |             +--------+
                 |             |        |
                 |             |  Down  |<---------+
                9|             |        |          |
                 |             +--------+          |
                 |                |  ^             |
                 |               1|  |9            |
                 |                v  |             |
              +--------+   7   +--------+          |
              |        |------>|        |<-+       |
              | Inact  |       |  Init  |  |3,5,6  |9
              |        |<------|        |--+       |
              +--------+   8   +--------+          |
                                    |              |
                                 2,4|              |
                                    v              |
              +--------+   7   +--------+          |
              |        |------>|        |----------+
              |  Deg   |       |   Up   |
              |        |<------|        |
                                  |  ^
                                  |  |
                                  +--+
                                2,3,4,5,6

Regards,
George R. Young
edgeflow Inc.
329 March Rd., Kanata, ON, Canada, K2K 2E1
phone: +1 613-270-9279 Ext 287