RE: Moving right along ...

Fugui,
  Sorry for missing this one.  Please see inline.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Assuming you don't receive the REMOTE_LINK_ID in BeginVerify message:
If you have locally assigned the Interface to a TE Link, then you will know
the LOCAL_LINK_ID.  If the Interface has not been assigned a TE link, then
you put a value of zero in the LOCAL_LINK_ID (same rule as BeginVerify
message).

> REMOTE_LINK_ID object should be within the
> BeginVerifyAck message. Otherwise when receiving
> BeginVerifyAck, the node won't know for which
> TE link the BeginVerifyAck is for.
The Message_ID_ACK object is sufficient to know which TE link the
BeginVerifyAck is for.

> So maybe we should change the BeginVerifyAck message to:
> <BeginVerifyAck Message> ::= <Common Heade>
>                              [<LOCAL_LINK_ID>]
>                              <REMOTE_LINK_ID>
>                              <MESSAGE_ID_ACK>
>                              <BEGIN_VERIFY_ACK>
>                              <VERIFY_ID>
> Actually, I think LOCAL_LINK_ID could also be removed
> because it won't be useful for the receiver side
> except providing a redundant check.
>
> (2) LinkSummaryAck:
> Again, REMOTE_LINK_ID object should be there.
> Otherwise, the remote node won't know for which
> TE link the LinkSummaryAck is for. Using
> MESSAGE_ID_ACK to identify that is difficult
> since that will require the MESSAGE_ID to be
> unique over the node and we also need to use
> the MESSAGE_ID as an index to locate the TE link
> efficiently. (In the old LMP draft, I did see that
> "When combined with the Local TE Link Id ..., the
> MessageId field uniquely identifies a message.")
The MESSAGE_ID_ACK is unique within the scope of the LMP adjacency and is
sufficient to identify the LinkSummaryAck message.