Re: Moving right along ...

Leen and Kireeti,
In addition to the time crunch, we have the issue that some comment may
be derived from the status of related work in Study Group 15. This has
been communicated before, but to summarize some results that are expected
by 25 October:
We expect consent on the following documents related to GMPLS:
G.ason, now numbered G.8080/Y.1304 "Architecture for the Automatic Switched
  Optical Network"
G.dcm, now numbered G.7713/Y.1704 "Distributed Connection Management"
G.disc, now numbered G.7714/Y.1705 "Generalized Automatic Discovery"
G.dcn, now numbered G.7712/Y.1703 "Architecture and Specification of
  Data Communications Network"

We expect also to be able to report progress relating to the VBI/New
Equipment Partitioning work, related to OLI/LMP/NTIP work.

While full harmonization of the ITU-T/IETF work may be out of reach
for the first effort, people should at least have the opportunity to
read the ITU-T documents and consider the impact.
Regards,
Steve Trowbridge
Chair ITU-T WP3/15