Re: Moving right along ...

Hi Steve,

> In addition to the time crunch, we have the issue that some comment may
> be derived from the status of related work in Study Group 15. This has
> been communicated before, but to summarize some results that are expected
> by 25 October:
> We expect consent on the following documents related to GMPLS:
> G.ason, now numbered G.8080/Y.1304 "Architecture for the Automatic Switched
>   Optical Network"
> G.dcm, now numbered G.7713/Y.1704 "Distributed Connection Management"
> G.disc, now numbered G.7714/Y.1705 "Generalized Automatic Discovery"
> G.dcn, now numbered G.7712/Y.1703 "Architecture and Specification of
>   Data Communications Network"

That would be very useful.  Would these be publicly available?

> We expect also to be able to report progress relating to the VBI/New
> Equipment Partitioning work, related to OLI/LMP/NTIP work.
>
> While full harmonization of the ITU-T/IETF work may be out of reach
> for the first effort, people should at least have the opportunity to
> read the ITU-T documents and consider the impact.

While this is also very useful (I've glanced at the documents, thanks
for the urls), as you point out, these relate to LMP-WDM, and that
document isn't under consideration even as a WG document until we
resolve whether the IETF or the ITU-T (or both or neither) should work
on it.  Hopefully, we can get that resolved by the next IETF meeting.

Kireeti.