Generalized Signaling - Underspecification of Switching Type

Lou -

The definition of the Switching Type field of the Generalized label
does not specify the scope over which it operates.  It is my
understanding that for a given LSP it does not change, but is carried
end-to-end and applies at all intermediate hops along the path.

The Label Request Object is a hop by hop object.  Further the
description of the Switching Type includes the phrase "on a
particular link", further implying that it may not be constant.
(As an aside, I don't like the phrase anyway since I think of
Switching Type applying mainly to the node at the end of the link ;-)

I think some clarifying text is in order.

Thanks,

...George

George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824