RE: Moving right along ...

Hi Maarten and Zhi,

I have the feeling that you are inventing a new model with a new protocol.
This is not how GMPLS works. I understand your frustrations and I have the
feeling that your ideas should be addressed somewhere else rather than
trying to change a model that we are finalizing and that we got from the
MPLS model.

There are maybe 1000 ways of designing a control plane for transmission
networks. I would suggest that you first develop your own model and then
that we compare the two.

Please, don't forget that we have here to be constructive in terms of GMPLS.
We have final discussions about the core GMPLS signaling, this is not the
beginning but the end of an (intermediate) phase.

Ok, GMPLS doesn't do everything. It doesn't do coffee and doesn't clean your
house :-) We know it. Personally, I don't believe in the ultimate model and
protocol that will do everything and that will take 10 years to be
specified, with abstract protocols, meta-models, etc.

By the way, personally I don't see any benefit of defining these
meta-models, abstract models and abstract protocols. It is hard to
understand for non super-expert and it is a complete loss of time for the
readers. I prefer practical solutions.

I am also seeing discussions that we already have many times in the past. I
don't see any benefit of having them again, and again, and again. If we
continue like this we will all implement a tool to answer automatically with
our previous e-mails :-)

Ok, there is a small set of people that don't like the way that GMPLS is
designed and defined (always the same 4 or 5 people by the way) - that's
100% your right guys and I respect it. In comparison with the hundreds
(thousands ?) of people that are working on GMPLS and implementing it, this
is a great achievement !

So, I ask you the question: what do you want to achieve personally at this
stage ? Don't you think that sometimes it is needed to finish one step,
before going to the next one ?

Kind regards,

Eric