RE: Generalized Signaling - LSP Encoding Type expansion

Eric,
Eric, you are telling me that transport boxes are not allowed to support
services other than IP? Isn't this a choice to be made by individual service
providers? Why is a standards body trying to impede development of control
plane support for a subset of transport services?  What is the principle
here? I am not saying that a every vendor needs to implement all services in
the control plane. But if a vendor chooses to implement a set of services in
the data plane, then there should be standards for controlling them.

Let me offer you the analogy of how I see this discussion. Assume that a
road contractor is building a road because he knows that a lot of cars will
go through the area. But he decides that only cars carrying married people
will be allowed on the road. No cars carrying a parent and a child are
allowed.

Monica A. Lazer
Advanced Transport Technology and Architecture Planning

908 234 8462
mlazer@att.com