RE: Moving right along ...

Snipped, comments in line

-----Original Message-----
From: neil.2.harrison@bt.com [mailto:neil.2.harrison@bt.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 3:47 AM
To: mike.sexton@alcatel.co.uk; mvissers@lucent.com
Cc: sudheer@nayna.com; ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: Moving right along ...

For example, I could very easily argue that a NSAP + Q.2931/PNNI (signalling
aspects only) + centralised routing approach looks the best commercially for
what we want to do.

JD:  Neil, as I have told you repeatedly in the past, GMPLS fully supports
this mode of deployment.  Furthermore, at request of several operators,
GMPLS
includes the capability of specifying the labels (e.g. time slots) for every
hop along the path of an LSP.  This allows an offline centralized routing
entity to globally optimize not only routes but also time slots within a
network
and then use GMPLS to signal them.