Re: CCAMP WG action items

Yakov> I'd like to understand the *practical* benefits that GTTP would bring
Yakov> to the  operators *above and beyond*  of what is  already provided by
Yakov> draft-bonica-icmp-mpls-03.txt  (or   could  be  trivially   added  to
Yakov> draft-bonica-icmp-mpls-03.txt).

I  think  GTTP  adds  the  following  functions  that  are  not  present  in
draft-bonica-icmp-mpls:

- the ability to discover and  trace through nested tunnels, even if the TTL
  is not percolated through the stack;

- the ability to trace through a  nested tunnel even if interior LSRs of the
  tunnel have no route to the management station.

Do you think these functions offer practical benefits?