RE: Moving right along ... Switching Type

Watching this discussion unfold it seems that many would benefit from a read
of G.805 on functional arch and what layering/partitioning mean.  I saw
someone (Zhi I think) refer to 'adaptation' (ie the required functionality
at client<=>server boundaries) but I wonder if most people understand what
he meant by this?....which is also at the root of what Maarten is talking
about below, ie it all depends on where trails start and terminate....or put
another way 'clinet layer link connections = server layer trails', where
each clinet layer link connection can be served by a different technology
trail.  You can't start a trail using technology X and terminate it using
technology Y, this makes no sense as Maarten states below.....in transport
networks trail termination points must come in matching (technology) pairs.

regards, Neil