Asymmetric optical links in GMPLS

Hi Marteen,
            I have a very basic question about optical networks. If I
have a bi-directional SDH link between two nodes A and B and I get
a request to establish a uni-directional VC-4 SDH LSP, what happens to
the bandwidth corresponding to the same VC-4 in the other direction ? Can I
allocate the other direction of VC-4 to some other uni
-directional LSP in opposite direction ?
In other terms I mean to say that does the GMPLS or optical networks
supports asymmetric links like ATM does ?

What about the wavelength links ? Are these asymmetric too ?

Regards,
manoj.