RE: Lambda LSP Forwarding Adjacency Doubt

Hello Manoj,

The use of a label to designate a circuit mode connection works well in
a homogeneous network (e.g. everybody switching OC-48 paths).

If the OC-48 switched network is itself obtaining connections from (say)
a lambda-switched network, the lambda-switched network should have its
own set of labels mapping to lambda connections. The concept of label
stacking doesn't seem to carry over well from the packet world.

There's work that I'm familiar with just starting in OIF on this
inter-layer cooperation, under the NNI project. ITU has also done work
in this area.

Regards,
George R. Young
Meriton Networks Inc.
329 March Rd., Kanata, ON, Canada, K2K 2E1
phone: +1 613-270-9279 Ext 287