Re: AW: AW: VC-4-64c as forwarding adjacency

Maarten,

I fully share your view concerning the contiguous concatenated
signal. Moreover, I also read your mail regarding the "Lambda
LSP Forwarding Adjacency Doubt" where you describe the
layering of the transport plane.

Now, I have the question whether e.g. the HOVC layer in SDH
or SONET which supports multiple signal types (plain VC-4s,
VC-4-ncs, etc.) should be considered as strictly separated layers
at the same level, or whether they should rather be considered
as a single layer supporting multiple services?

This has of course some implications on routing (e.g. what is
advertised and which nodes share a Forwarding Adjacency)

Regards,

Dieter

Maarten Vissers wrote:

> Manoj,
>
> In transport terminology I would refer to this as a VC-4-64c trail supporting an
> IP, ATM or Ethernet link.
>
> Regards,
>
> Maarten
>
> Heiles Juergen wrote:
> >
> > Manoj,
> >
> > this has nothing to do with forwarding adjacency. It is a restriction of the transport plane. A VC-4 cannot be transported in a VC-4-64c. A VC-4-64c supports IP, ATM, Ethernet as client signal, but not a VC-4 or VC-3/2/12/11.
> > So you can have a VC-4-64c forwarding adjacency for IP, ATM or Ethernet clients.
> >
> > Juergen

begin:vcard
n:Beller;Dieter
tel;fax:+49 711 821 - 42303
tel;work:+49 711 821 - 43125
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Alcatel - Optics Group - Terrestrial Networks Division;US/EA3
version:2.1
email;internet:D.Beller@alcatel.de
adr;quoted-printable:;;Alcatel SEL AG,=0D=0ALorenzstrasse 10;Stuttgart;;70435;Germany
fn:Beller, Dieter
end:vcard