Re: Moving right along ... generalized-signaling-06

On the specific section on the waveband switching, we also agree that
further work is required to achieve a consistent definition of waveband
switching in GMPLS.
In
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-douville-ccamp-gmpls-waveband-extensions-00.txt
and
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dotaro-ipo-multi-granularity-01.txt
, we try to address some of the issues concerning waveband switching,
notably by the introduction of a waveband switch capable interface
(WBSC). We also try to remain as compliant as possible with the current
proposition (GMPLS-SIG) for the proposed enhancements. However, we
encourage that waveband switching issues be restudied before putting it
back on the standard track.
It is clear that an in-depth analysis of the constraints and
requirements for waveband switching could leed to best suited proposals.
What are the next step : take it off GMPLS-SIG for further work (ad hoc
design team?), other ideas ?

Regards,
Richard Douville et al.

--
Richard Douville		Richard.Douville@alcatel.fr
Alcatel Research & Innovation	Photonic Networks Unit, URP