From: manoj juneja
To: mvissers@lucent.com
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Sent: 12/12/01 12:27 AM
Subject: Re: Lambda LSP establishment

Hi Marteen,
            The concept of FA is mentioned for SDH/SONET in gmpls-sdh
-sonet draft. It says that if u have a HOVC trail as a FA (advertized
as a link) then u can allocate the lower level signals in it by making
the higher bits of label as 0s (i.e. S and U}. This is fine for the same

technology. What about the case where the TDM LSP has to be tunneled
through
the Lambda LSP ? What will be the form of label (i.e. {SUKLM} or lambda

etc.) ?

Regards,
manoj.

>From: Maarten Vissers <mvissers@lucent.com>
>To: manoj juneja <manojkumarjuneja@hotmail.com>
>CC: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
>Subject: Re: Lambda LSP establishment
>Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:56:41 +0100
>
>Manoj,
>
>You refer to one wavelength to be available between A-E without
wavelength
>conversion capability. This suggests that you operate at the OCh layer
>network.
>Then you specify the capacity of the 4 OCh link connections (A-B, B-C,
C-D,
>D-E)
>to be "C". Say that C is about 10 Gbit/s. You then assume that there is
>request for an OCh signal with capacity C/4 (e.g. 2.5 Gbit/s) between C
and
>E.
>The result is that the OCh link connections C-D and D-E are
transporting
>the OCh
>signal (of e.g. 2.5G). These OCh link connections are now in service
and
>not
>longer available to an other OCh connection request. I.e. a request for
an
>OCh
>connection between A and E will be rejected.
>
>FAs are not applicable in the circuit layers. IF there is a trail in
server
>layer X, then there is a link in its client layer Y. X and Y are thus
>different
>layer networks and signals.
>
>If C-E is a "FA", then in an OTN the C-E connection would be an OCh
trail
>supporting an ODUk (k=1 if OCh is 2G5) link with a single link
connection.

>Note a FA in MPLS creates essentially a MPLS sublayer network. Such is
not
>possible in the SDH/SONET, OTN, PDH or ATM technologies.
>
>Regards,
>
>Maarten
>
>OCh link connections
>
>manoj juneja wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >         If I have 5 nodes A, B, C, D and E connected as shown.
Assume