RE: Intra-area Crankback

Hi Don,

don> The feedback draft is intended for this type of operation.
don> Feedback is best within the area crank back is best outside
don> the area. We discussed all of this with the original authors
don> many many times.
don> Crankback is a primitive from of feedback.

I recall perhaps one or two 'hallway discussions' along this line.  Personally I think that feedback and crankback do different things, one is not a replacement for the other.  Feedback feeds information to the TED, crankback is a reroute-notify to the head-end or border LSR.  One can emulate a 'crankback' with a failure-notify, just as well as interpreting a feedback TLV as a 'crankback'.  It is not the same as crankback nor a replacement for it.

Both can provide needed functionality.

Regards,
Jerry