Re: Moving right along ... generalized-signaling-06

John,
The problem here is that this is not compatible with transport plane protection.
Assume you do 1:n MSP protection according to ITU Rec. G.841. The operation of
the protection group is controlled by exchange of the K1, K2 bytes in the
MSOH of the PROTECTION MS. If the control plane reuses the protection MS at
for a different LSP at a time when the state of the protection group is
"No Request" (assuming no extra traffic carried on the protection section in the
transport plane), this disables the protection since the endpoints of the
protection group are no longer able to exchange K1, K2 over the protection
channel. Even though the payload is unused and irrelevant to the transport
plane at this point, the exchange of overhead is essential to proper operation
of the protection group.
Regards,
Steve