RE: GMPLS signaling documents updated per last calls

Hi Stephen,

The current wording is (as it is written in the updated draft that I sent
last week on the ccamp mailing list):

"A SONET signal which has an identical SDH signal SHOULD be requested using
the same traffic parameters as for the equivalent SDH signal, and will
consequently use the SDH label."

We spend with Maarten a lot of time to write that sentence (not easy to
write).

Maybe that it should be better written:

"A SONET signal which has an identical SDH signal SHOULD be requested as an
SDH signal using the same traffic parameters as for the equivalent SDH
signal, and will consequently use the SDH label."

This means in practice: request an SDH signal when identical to a SONET
signal. In that case, from the control plane point of view everything is
SDH, i.e. the control plane is not aware of SONET at all. Of course, if an
SDH signal is requested the SDH label is used. The distinction between SDH
and SONET in that case being only at the connection monitoring level if I am
right (please confirm).

This doesn't mean that the SONET signal format disappear (simply not used in
that case), for backward compatibility we need to keep it.

Kind regards,

Eric