Re: GMPLS Issue - Ethernet LSP Enc Type

Lou Berger wrote:

> At 09:19 AM 12/19/2001, George Newsome wrote:
> >Lou Berger wrote:

> > > The current wording is what was agreed to.
> > >

> >So if I understand this correctly, the wording that you allude to was
> >agreed in private discusions?
>
> To be precise, the wording was agreed to among all the authors.

I stand corrected - agreed to in private discussions among all the
authors.

> >Without public discussion,
>
> I think you'd agree that it's impractical to review in detail every change
> in a draft, prior to it being made, on the ccamp list.  What we have done
> is to reach agreement first among the co-authors and then to review the
> changes as part of issuing the new drafts.   The encoding type change was
> made *9* months ago.  There has been ample opportunity for review and comment.

Actually I disagree. In other bodies documents are reviewed on a line by
line basis until all parties indicate agreement.

> isn't there some quote about pleasing all the people all the time...

Isn't there also some quote that in science and engineering, volume of
opinion != correctness?

Regards

       George