Re: Routing drafts

Kireeti -

I'd like to echo Greg's concerns that the current drafts don't
adiquately provide information on what signals can be supported on a
link, adapated by a port and switched by a system.  Yes, there is a
definition for Min/Max LSP switching capability that attempts to deal
with this, but the information provided isn't precise enough.

One issue is the current switching capability descriptor cannot specify
how equipment deals with the transmux conditions that exist for DS1 (DS1
in VC-11 vs DS1 in DS3 in VC-3), VC-3 (VC-3 in AU-3 vs VC-3 in TU-3),
TUG-2 (TUG-2 in VC-3 vs TUG-2 in TUG-3), and VC-11 (VC-11 in TU-11 vs.
VC-11 in TU-12).

As specific example, if a system reports a Max LSP of AUG-64, and a Min
LSP of VC-11, how do I know which of the 4 different ways that an VC-11
is encoded into an AUG-1 are specifically supported?  Do I assume all?

Jonathan Sadler

PS. For those not literate in SDH signal names, apply the following
mapping:
  VC-11 = VT-1.5
  VC-12 = VT2
  TUG-2 = VTG
  VC-3 = STS-1
  AUG-64 = STS-192c

Kireeti Kompella wrote:

> The two drafts:
>
> draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-routing-02.txt            and
> draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-gmpls-extensions-04.txt
>
> are, according to the authors, ready for WG Last Call.
>
> I would like to judge WG consensus for this.
>
> Thanks,
> Kireeti.
and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs