RE: LMP revision 04

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Kireeti Kompella wrote:

> Is it possible for a network that uses SONET to transport data to use an
> Ethernet for OSPF adjacencies and RSVP messages?

Is it possible? probably. Is it going to be recommended... not in any
network I know.  Though I'd like to see a NOC trying to debug a network
which has experienced a data channel failure while the control channel is
still working in the IP network realm.  A function of the adjacency is
also to ensure liveness of a channel.

/vijay