Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-01.txt

Arthi && JP.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Why are saying that LSP Stitching is a private case of LSP Hierarchy? IMO
there is more differences than similarities:
The differences are:
1) In case of H-LSP there is a data plane adjacency, while in case of S-LSP
there is none (as you correctly pointed out);
2) In case of H-LSP there is an adaptation in data plane (label push/pop for
PSC), while in case of S-LSP there is none - just simple cross-connecting
( label swap) as in case of two "native " e2e LSP adjacent segments ;
3) H-LSP could be used by many e2e LSPs, while S-LSP could be used by
exactly one e2e LSP
4) Signaling is different - there is no label negotiation in stitching
5) H-LSP is used as a "true" data link, specifically there is a resource
allocation on the H-LSP edges, while in case of S-LSP there is none
6) From MLN point of view, H-LSP is created in a server (lower) layer, while
the S-LSP is created in the client (same as e2e LSP) layer.

There are two similarities that I can think of:
1) There is a signaling and possibly routing (see below) adjacencies between
the ends;
2) Both H-LSP and S-LSP could be advertised as separate TE links or as TE
bundles

I would recommend to dedicate a paragraph and enlist there similarities and
differencies

2. Why are you saying that a TE Link based on S-LSP can be used for exactly
one e2e LSP? Parallel S-LSPs could be advertised as a single TE link
(bundle, see above) and hence can accomadate several e2e LSPs.

3. You are saying that S-LSP does not have a routing peering. Actually, in
this respect it is no different from H-LSP: if it is advertised as a TE link
into the same TE domain  that was used for S-LSP creation (unlikely IMO
scenario) than it does not require the routing adjacency (in other words, it
is an FA according to LSP-HIER definition), otherwise, it IS  NOT and FA and
does require the direct routing peering in the domain it is advertised to
make it useful as a TE link in this domain

Cheers,
Igor