Re: no more milestones?

tom -

it seems to me to be the right time to wrap up and look after the base operation mechanisms to be put in place for the first phase of base GMPLS deployment as well - and leave the more advanced mechanisms to  "CCAMP-ING" like-WG(s) as indicated in a previous e-mail -

it is indeed difficult to understand why this is not coupled to the base protocol development as MIBs are otherwise GMPLS will appear like a wonderful and powerful toolbox developed by the IETF but without the appropriate user manual

i would nevertheless add we have also a strong need for more operational feedback otherwise the user manual will treat more about "how development community sees network operations" rather than practice "which mechanisms development community has to consider to meet user community needs" ... a way to achieve this is would be to "invite" the broad user community to express their views and concerns in terms of GMPLS deployment this may take the form of a survey ?

"Thomas D. Nadeau" <tnadeau@cisco.com>
Sent by: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org
07/18/2005 09:06 AST