RE: Moving LSP ownership between control plane and management plane

Hi Neil,
         it always a pleasure read your e-mail but I think I'm missing
something.

The basic purpose of the ID is to provide a simple mechanism to move LSPs
from a domain to another, I don't see any implication, with layering.
Better to say this ID have the same implication with layering as 'normal'
signalling.

Moreover I agree with you that NMS is the 'king' of the network and in fact
the ID forseen that is MNS to provide the right information to CP to move
the LSP from a domain to another one.

My basic question is: do someone think that having a mechanism to move
MP/CP created LSP under the CP/MP domain is useless?

My experience tell me that the answer is no, but I'm open to discuss this.

Regards

Diego

<neil.2.harrison@bt.com>@ops.ietf.org on 19/07/2005 23.36.27

Sent by:    owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org