RE: Ethernet Control Plane [Was: Re: Frameformat in a l2cs gmpls rnvironment.]

Hi Neil

I concur with Adrian's definition of "IP Control Plane" or "IP-based
Control Plane".

I think your point is more to the question of where the intelligence to
select the network paths lives. I believe that
in GMPLS, Path selection and path control is not solely the
responsibility  of "IP-based control plane"  but is enabled by IP
mechanisms to be where it makes sense.

Regards,
Don

>-----Original Message----- From: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org