RE: Frameformat in a l2cs gmpls rnvironment - Issues w/ GMPLS Ethernet

ali

to be clear here you are hanging on using the term "existing Ethernet switches" while the document that has been at the source of the discussion does not state "GMPLS must be deployable on existing Ethernet switches" this may be the case but there are limitations (and there are perfectly well understood, don't worry) beside this you should also tell us what do you exactly mean with the term "existing" - but this is a side issue -

this said, this does NOT mean that a GMPLS Ethernet switch (either existing or even "extended") would need to support a new Ethernet 802.3 frame forwarding paradigm, the difference is subtle but has to be underlined

note: there is a slot of 20 minutes during the next CCAMP WG meeting where this document and all related issues will be heavily discussed ... so i welcome you to join the festivities ;-)

thanks,

- dimitri.

"Ali Sajassi \(sajassi\)" <sajassi@cisco.com>
Sent by: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org