RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-rsvp-te-01.txt

Hi Arthi, JP

A few comments on this draft:

-In section 5.2, I'm not sure that path p3 is a valid one:
"RO-X1-ASBR1(loose)-ASBR4(strict)-ASBR7(strict)-ASBR9(loose)-R6.
What does ERO sub-objects for ASBR4 and ASBR5 represent?
Actually this cannot be an interface or router id, because the ERO would be invalid (cannot be strict as ASBR4 and ASBR7 ar not directly connected). The only way to proceed in this way is to include ERO-sub-objects corresponding to FA-LSP or LSP-Segment TE-links (numbered or unnumbered tunnel interface id).
One could assume that RO would obtain such ERO including FA-LSP or LSP-segment as a result of a PCE based compuation...
On receip of a Path message the ERO subobject would allow to directly determine the underlying FA-LSP or LSP-Segment...

By the way it would also be good to ilusrate the case of abstract nodes, e.g. a path made of AS number ERO subobjects...

-It would be good to add some text related to failure detection, at the end of 6.1.3. In case of stitching or nesting, the PLR could rely on BFD-MPLS so as to rapidliy detect FA-LSP/LSP-Segment tail-end failure. This would help ensuring fast recovery...

-In section 6.2 the FRR considerations described in 6.1.3 for stiching and nesting, actually also apply to GMPLS Segment Recovery.

-Section 7 would benefif from some words on global reoptimization (ie with change of border routers)
Even if this is more a path computation issue this may have some impact on signaling...

-And two minor edits
Section 5.1.1: issue with B3 path, in the figure ASBR6 and ASBR7 are not connnected.
Section 8: [INTER-AS-TE-REQ] instead of [INTER-AREA-TE-REQS]

Hope this helps,

Best Regards

JL